WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, January 29, 2012

All Great Vacations.................

come to an end. And I sure don't like that!

My friend and I went on a cruise with classes sponsored by Sue Hillis with guest designers Claudia Dutcher of Dutch Treat Designs and Elizabeth Talledo of Dames of the Needle. Plus, so many new friends were made during our time at sea. What an absolutely awesome time we had!!!

Cruises are so much fun and to be able to learn, stitch, make new friends and get a new project from these wonderful women was the icing on the cake! Here is my very minor start on the biscornu that is part of the project along with the beautiful floss colors that are for the entire project.
The basket is the project, the fabrics inside the basket will be part of the finish work and the lid will have an awesome picture stitched for the top of the box. It's going to be hard to "fit" this project in with all the other things I need to do this year, but it's so much fun, that I know I'll figure it out somehow.

Claudia's and Elizabeth's pieces were also designed exclusively for those of us on the cruise and are tropical ocean/fish themed. What fun.

Having just gotten home yesterday and fighting a cold as well, I'm going to keep this short for this week. But I'd like to leave you with a few shots from the trip.


A view of the pool area of the ship while we were still in port prior to leaving on the 21st. The next one is a view of the Altun Ha Mayan ruin site from the top of one of the temples. It was beautiful up there! Then the waves along the beach in Playa del Carmen as we were preparing for our trip to Tulum.

It was a wonderful trip and I can't wait for the next one. In the meantime, there is stitching to be done, a retreat to go to, EGA's National Seminar and other fun things hopefully over the summer.

In the meantime, it's back to work and back to stitching. Hug your family and friends and take time to stitch!

Debby

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounds like a fun time! Thanks for sharing the pictures from your trip!

Deborah said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!

Christine said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. Looking forward to seeing your project grow

Katrina said...

Wow, sounds like such a wonderful trip. I am glad you had such a good time :-)!!!! Hope that cold is getting better too.

natalysneedle said...

Can't wait to see more pics of the projects!! That basket sounds wonderful!

Mouse said...

ooooo can't wait to see more of it and sounds like you had a fab time ... sorry about the cold too ... love mouse xxxxx

Maureen said...

not only a cruise, but a stitching cruise - does it get any better!? Definitely on my wishlist of things to do...

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

sounds like such a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear more.