WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, January 1, 2012

WIPocalypse List

I am taking part in the WIPocalypse that's being "hosted" by Measi at http://measi.net/measiblog/2011/12/31/oldest-ufo-december-update/. I haven't really had a chance to list some of the WIPs that I want to work on this year. So, I may have more than one blog today so that I can share different aspects of my stitching life with you!!!

My first and foremost WIP project for the year will be Anniversaries of the Heart by Blackbird Designs. This was one of my 2011 New Start challenges and was only stitched on a few times. Here is the progress right now.
I'm working on 40ct fabric that I've forgetten the make and manufacturer of with the recommended threads. Silly me - I bought the fibers for January and February, then realized that doing it on one piece of fabric meant finding the center and making my way over to the start of January! I don't recall just how the fabric was cut so didn't want to do the "3 in and 3 over" corner start. Oh well, I'll get there soon.

In addition to this WIP, I want to try and finish Home is Where My Heart Blooms by Blackbird designs and Growth Rings by Ink Circles.

I hope to add more to this list as the year goes on - time will tell!!!

I also, have 15 new starts that I want to do this year although I've decided that I'm not going to start one new piece each day for the 1st 15 days of January. I will instead start 2 probably and work on them until they're done and then start another one or two. I have some stitching with deadlines and I want to have fun and not feel stressed so this will work out better for me.

Happy New Year to all my blogging and stitching friends. Here's to a productive year of stitching and a time for family and friends who are so important to us!

Debby

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Fun projects!!!! Two of my favorite BBD pieces :-). Can't wait to watch your progress this year. Happy, happy new year!!!!

Joysze said...

Looking forward to seeing them grow, Debby. :D