I decided to take part in the Crazy January Challenge 2012, a Yahoo Group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crazyjanuary2012/?yguid=441897451. But I knew that I had to make my "own rules" for this year. I've had some volunteer stitching to do and projects with deadlines and there was just no way that I could start a new project each day for the first 15 days of January.
So far, I've only been able to start 3 projects and haven't gotten a whole lot of stitching done on any of them. In fact, one of them has to have the outside edges running stitched before I start the actual stitching of the piece. I decided to not even take a picture of that one as it just doesn't show up well and is "nothing"!!!
I did however, get to start my "D" by M Designs. It's stitched on a piece of Picture This Plus fabric, although I've forgotten the color name. I'm using an overdyed silk, but of course, I can't find the tag to show me what the color is! Oh well, it's a color that I love.
The fabric color sure doesn't show up in this photo. Maybe the other close up shot will show it better.
No, it doesn't really show the fabric color well; but the thread color shows up quite well!!!
The other piece is Time for God by Lizzie Kate on my usual unknown fabric with the called for threads. This is going to be such a great piece that it's going to be hard not to keep working on it and ignore the other things that have a deadline on them!
Updating new starts is going to be hard, there will probably be more "in progress" posts! But I'll do the best I can!
I will soon be heading out on a cruise with Sue Hillis and am so looking forward to it! I can't wait to see the project she has designed for us as well as any other fun things that will be included and the excursions my roommate and I have already signed up for! With luck, my next post will have pictures of some of the places on the trip!!!
Now all I have to do is make it through a week of work and all will be well.
Be good, stitch today - hug your family and friends. Thank you so much for visiting!!!
Debby
9 comments:
Both great starts! That color thread is pretty, please post the name if you find it!
Hey Debby - have fun on your cruise. Your stuff is lovely! Jannie
Great new starts. Enjoy your cruise
Ohhh...lovely starts, and I particularly like the color of your thread for your D. It's all about having fun, so rules be hanged I say! Can't wait to see what else you'll get up to! *hugs*
The color on your "D" is so pretty!!! Fun new starts. Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise too.
oooo well done on your "modified " challege ;) love your starts and enjoy your cruise and the stitching that goes with it :) love mouse xxxx
Love the starts, especially the "D" - great color choice!!
Have a great time on the cruise and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!
Great starts, Debby.
lovely starts :D
Post a Comment