Last year I also started this blog! It's been rather fun in that I know I enjoy sharing what you guys are stitching and what is going on in your lives and hope that you have found some things that have been enjoyable here as well. Well, I know there has been interest as I've had wonderful feedback from some of you and I want you to know that I appreciate it so much. Even if you just come by once in a while, read and move on, that's ok - life is busy and we can't do everything!!!
I'm in a Crazy January Challenge where we are supposed to start 1 new project each day for the first 15 days of January. Well, I knew a few weeks ago that this plan would not work for me this year. Too many deadline projects and such. But I still have 15 projects picked out and have actually started 2 of them. Then a deadline project has taken over my time and as soon as it's completed another deadline project will come up.
In the meantime, I want to share the 2 Christmas projects I was working on at the end of 2011. Of course, at the time I wasn't able to post pictures so the recipients wouldn't have their surprise spoiled. But Christmas is over, they loved their presents and I would like to share them with you.
The first one was for my son-in-law; he's a total Starbucks junkie!!! In fact, if I ever skip the Starbucks coffee as a Christmas present, I'll probably be drummed out of the corp!!! This was a free design from Stitch Alley.com on a piece of 40ct Picture This Plus whose name escapes me. I just looked at the wall of Weeks Dye Works and Sampler Threads and pulled some colors and stitched whatever came to mind!
The next picture is for my younger daughter. While cross stitch isn't necessarily her thing, Lizzie Kate just comes up with the cutest and oh so true sayings for her pieces!!! I stitched it on a 40ct over dye fabric from Picture this Plus, but don't recall the name of it; I did use the recommended fibers.
Last, but not least, my good stitching buddy knows how much I love lighthouses. This is what she did for me for Christmas.I'm not sure where the picture is of the whole thing, as the framing is just beautiful; so you'll only get a view of the partial view! But I love it. When I get another picture or two, I'll post it again as the frame and the mat are so perfect.
Oh, I don't think I ever posted a picture of what I stitched for my friend - again because I didn't want to risk her seeing it before she opened her present. This is the letter "C" by M Designs; it's stitched on 28ct overdyed fabric, but I don't remember who it's by. I stitched it with an overdyed silk - I'd have to go "hunting" to find out the name though!
Again, thank you so much for your visits and if you have a moment, I love reading your comments as well.
The next time I post, I hope to have at least some progress pictures to show on the new projects that I've gotten started so far. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!
Be good to yourself, hug your friends and family. And make time for stitching.
Debby

5 comments:
What a lot of lovely stitching!
Good luck with your resolutions
OHMIGOSH I absolutely L.O.V.E the freebie coffee piece.
All of your stitching is gorgeous!
Oh Debby, all these Cristmas gifts are wonderful. So much work went into them and they turned out so great.
I also joined the Crazy Challenge again but I will spread the starts over the whole month. That's more convenient for me and I don't feel rushed this way.
Everything is gorgeous!!! Hope you have a happy new year and make good progress on your goals :-).
Love them all, Debby. The colors you used for C is gorgeous.
Post a Comment