WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sampler Guild of the Rockies Meeting

I've been working almost exclusively on a Sampler Guild project the last several days. It was a group project and the finish technique was being taught today and I was determined to finish a project instead of it ending up as another UFO! And I did it!!!

It's a 15 sided biscornu on blue fabric with white snowflakes. One of our members came up with a technique for putting one together by using 5 3 block panels instead of 15 little squares. It doesn't work for every design you could stitch on your piece, but for this one it worked quite well!

Here are the panels once the stitching was finished.
Here is my finished biscornu. I thought I'd stuffed the dickens out of this and yet, it seems "understuffed"!!! But I do like how it turned out.

All 15 snowflakes are different, it was a great project to do.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to update my WIPocalypse page with some of the WIPs that I've managed to put a few stitches in the last couple of weeks.

Thank you for visiting. Enjoy your week. Hug your family and friends and make time for stitching!!

Debby

9 comments:

Mia said...

Oh dear, I just LOVE your biscornu! Congratulations on the finish!
And thank you; I got a good tip on how to do one too :D I've never thought that the pieces could be in panels. I'll have a go at one, once I've got my UCJC started.

Schokti said...

This is beautiful!!! I've never seen a biscornu completed with panels before. So pretty!

Katrina said...

It's so pretty!!! Congrats on the finish :-).

Daniela said...

Your biscornu looks amazing. Very pretty!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

that's beautiful :D gorgeous colours too.

Joysze said...

Well done, Debby!!!! It's gorgeous. :D

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful piece, Debby!

Jannie

MoonBeam said...

Really nice!

Olivia said...

I love this! Very nicely done! Congrats on your determination. Don't you just love it when it pays off.