WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, January 16, 2012

January WIPocalypse Update

I had hoped to post my WIP progress over a week ago, what happened to the time? I thought things would settle down a little bit after the holidays, but they sure haven't for me. Worse, I don't really know what I've gotten done!!! Oh well, sittiching has been part of it, although scattered across different projects.

I have been working on three pieces that were all started last year during a 15 New Start Challenge and are now definitely WIPs!

The first piece is getting rather close to being done and I'm so excited to try and get quality time in on it over the next few weeks so that I can accomplish that. It's my Mary Wigham Wardrobe by Judy O'Dell of Just A Thought. Here is the picture of the whole piece - all the sections - and a closer shot of the section I'm working on now. Once this one is done, there is another section the same size, another small one and then the back which is one of the larger sections.

Please excuse the wrinkles on all these pieces. Since I'm still working on all of them, it doesn't make sense to press them!!

Next is a piece I've shown in my blog several times. It's taking me much longer to stitch than I thought, but it is going to be so gorgeous when it's done that it's worth every stitch and amount of time. This is Scissors By Any Other Name by the Cat's Whiskers. There is another "box" under these two, but the width is the finished width of the piece.
I only work on this at lunch at work so it only gets about 50 minutes a day 3 - 4 days a week. One stitch at a time - right???

The last piece is one that I hadn't worked on since it's original start last January (2010), but I needed a project for my bus ride and this is a good size fabric and fairly easy to do so it worked! It's Ask Seek Do by LaDDa. I switched the threads to overdyes that are fairly close to the original colors used.
Here is a picture of my progress as of today.

I feel like I have way too much work in progress right now and it's actually starting to "stress" me a bit. This is a very odd feeling for a "serial starter" - I guess I'm losing that title! I don't think I'll ever be a 1 at a time project type stitcher, but I'm thinking that 4 - 6 are much more manageable! It's going to be a while before I'm anywhere close to that small a number of in progress pieces though!

Thank you so much for your visit, I look forward to your comments. Take care of yourself - hug family and friends and be sure to take a stitch each day!

Debby

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Lovely WIP! I have 6 leftover from last year's crazy challenge that are my WIP this year. Plus I have more WIP to work on too (far too many to count)!

Peggy Lee said...

Great progress on all your WIP's. I especially love the La D Da piece. I love her designs!

Unknown said...

Your pieces are beautiful. The holidays surely do mess with our normal lifestyle. Good luck in getting it back!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous pieces :D