WIPocalypse 2012

Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year 2011

We are now a few days into the new year; back to work and back to "normal" (whatever, that is!).

I'm still not sure I have this "blogging" thing down yet, but decided I won't find out if I don't add an update and then post to someone else's blog, include this link and see what happens!

I decided to do the "New Start" challenge and have actually gotten 6 projects started. I have taken pictures of all but one - this one has a lot of basting and that really doesn't make for good pictures!!! Some of the others aren't much better as I have very little time during the week after work! I will get around to adding pictures but may wait until February when there is at least a little bit of progress.

Plus, I started stitching a picture for a friend for her retirement (August 2010!); needless to say I didn't make it! I didn't realize how involved it was going to be. So I decided it would be for Retirement/Christmas - ooops, didn't make that either! Now I'm working on that on my bus ride to and from work and whenever I can at lunch. As soon as that picture is done though, the new starts will get much more attention.

Stock Show starts in Denver tomorrow - January 8th. It's a "tradition" (or fact of life???) that it almost always gets cold during Stock Show. Sunday we're supposed to drop in to the 20s and possibly get snow and be in the teens for at least Monday and maybe Tuesday! So the trend continues!

Have a great day and if you do stumble across my blog - please let know what you think! I so enjoy the many, many blogs that I read and love looking at your stitching and sharing your lives; I hope I can do the same!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Debby,

Glad you have decided to start blogging. I look forward to visiting with you and see your progress on your stitching projects.

One day I would like to start a blog but for now I just visit others blogs and take inspiration for my own stitching. Seeing what others are working on has been such a boost to keep me working along on my WIPs.

Thanks for sharing!

Nancy

Carol in Indian Springs Village said...

Hi Debby,

Good to see a new needlework blogger! I don't blog but like to wander around to see what other folks are stitching on. Good luck with the 15 days challenge and also for getting your projects finished. I am behind on some gifts too but they are small and I hope they go quickly. Can't wait to see pictures!

Carol

Kathy said...

Welcome to blogland. I have been blogging for a little over two years and love it. It is such a wonderful way to meet other stitchers. Best way to get the word out is to comment on other blogs as you did mine. I do thank you for that comment too.

I will be sure to check back for your updates. And look forward to seeing what you are working one.

Daffycat said...

Welcome to blogland, Debby! Colorado Stitcher told me you moved in! No, worries...you will get the "hang" of things in no time!

Jennifer Blake said...

Welcome to blogland, Debby. What projects are you working on for your 15 day challenge?

Margaret said...

I don't blog but I read them every morning. I enjoy what others do and always make note of the stitches etc.

I grew up going to the Stock Show every year. The massive Christmas light display in Civic Center and the big downtown store windows were never dismantled until after the Stock Show. That was all 70 years ago but it was nice seeing a reference to it today.