I also hope that by using this blog to muse on things and note my progress on my needlework will keep me on track. I used to be terrible about starting a project, then once I had a "feel" for what it would look like, set it aside for something else! I am now getting better at finishing things, but still have a long way to go. You know how it is - I think a chart I see will be perfect for a friend for Christmas and must start on it now. Or I just feel I have to take a class; well that's another project!
For maybe only the 2nd time, I've actually written down my "goals" of things I'd like to work on and hopefully finish in 2011. THEN I saw this challenge involving a new start each day from Jan 1st through the 15th and work to finish them all. Well, 8 of my "goals" for 2011 were new starts, what was 7 more!!!! We shall see.
My first and top priority goal is to finish the Swan Sampler. This was started around 3 years ago and always put aside for this, that or the other thing. It's easily 50% done if not more; it's a gorgeous sampler and I look forward to having it finished. Well, the actual name is Janet Gibson's Scottish Swan Sampler; it's a reproduction sampler by Whimsey and Wit. Here is the progress on the piece at this time.
Once I get through the first 15 days of January, this piece will be a major part of my needlework time! I am also trying very hard to finish a project that was supposed to be a Christmas present. Thank goodness the recipient has a sense of humor!!!
That's all for now I believe.
Bear with me as I learn this new process called Blogging and I will be interested to see what kind of activity/following I get!
Happy New Year and here's to a great new year and best to all for 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment