WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My 15th (and final) New Start!!!!!

Yesterday was January 15th and I actually made it to the end of my 15 New Start challenge "starts"! It's been fun, but I am very ready to actually start devoting serious time to each of these projects now.

Yesterday's "final" start was Summer Sampler, a Snippet by Lizzie Kate. I'm using the recommended threads on this piece and "scrap" fabric from my stash - so I have no idea what type of fabric or the color name! Here is my progress so far:
I had some "must dos" that took up more of my day yesterday than I would have liked, but I did make a fair amount of progress on this anyway. I found though that I was out of Oatmeal which goes around the red door and between the "siding" of the house and the roof. I've asked my LNS to set some aside for me and I'll get it the next time I'm in her neighborhood.

I know that there are a lot of fellow stitchers out there who decided to take part in the Up for a Challenge challenge where they commit to working on/finishing 15 UFOs this year. I have been following that blog and have been amazed how many people already have a finish - some even have 2 finishes!!! But it's been great seeing the lists and seeing the finished pieces as well as progress pictures.

My next goal is to figure out how to add the blogs I follow on my page as well as some of the other cool things all of you have on yours. I do have the day off tomorrow, but (as usual) have way too many things I'd like to accomplish than I have time for!!! I know one thing for sure - I will be stitching!

Happy stitching and thank you all who have followed me and especially those who have left comments. I love the input from all of you!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Great start on the Lizzie Kate. She is my favorite designer.

Christine said...

Lovely start Debby

Sue said...

Another nice start.