I'm nervous that I'll be able to keep up with the blog on at least a fairly regular basis as there are just so many things going on in life these days, but to be able to communicate with so many more needleworkers is just too awesome to pass up. So if I go for rather long stretches with no communication, forgive me but know I'll be back!!!
I thought I'd share the list of items that I decided to stitch for the "New Start" challenge for 2011 - 1 new start each day from January 1 to the 15th.
1-Mary Wigham Wardrobe - a design by Judy O'Dell that will be make into an actual miniature wardrobe.
2-Scissors by any other Name - by The Cat's Whiskers
3-Hearts Stitching Tray Cover - a design by one of the members of Sampler Guild of the Rockies (this will fit in a wooden tray and hold various stitching items when complete)
4-Bold Band Sampler - by Chatelaine/Martina Weber Rosenberg
5-This one is going to have to be a secret as I don't know if the intended recipient will ever read this blog between now and Christmas!!!
6-Where My Heart Blooms - by Blackbird Designs
7-Growth Rings - designed by Tracy Horner of Ink Circles
8-Anniversaries of the Heart - by Blackbird Designs (I will be doing all 12 designs on one piece of 40 count fabric)
9-January Flip It - by Lizzy Kate
10-March Flip It - by Lizzy Kate
11-June Flip It - by Lizzy Kate
12-November Flip It - by Lizzy Kate
13-October Flip It - by Lizzy Kate (I think you're seeing a theme here! These are important months in my family and these will be finished in a cube)
14-Ask, Seek, Do - by La-D-Da
15-Summer Sampler - by Lizzy Kate (I've already finished Winter and Autumn and Spring is about 3/4 complete)
Not much is done on most of these as there just isn't much time in my day to stitch unless it's a weekend. The one that has the most progress in Where My Heart Blooms so I leave you with a picture of that one for today! There is an "oatmeal" color of over dye just being started to the left of the stitched roof area. I didn't realize the ground fabric was going to blend so well! Hopefully, it'll look better when there's more stitching in the piece!!!
Thanks again for reading with me and sharing your thoughts!
Where the Heart Blooms by Blackbird Designs
10 comments:
Hi Debby, I am a stitcher too and also live in Colorado. It's nice to "meet" ya!
I'm an avid stitcher up in Cody, Wyoming. I'm happy to follow your blog, and know you will do an great job. Love your list for 2011.
I love this design. My blog is new also and I'm still trying to figure things out. I look forward to seeing more from you.
Welcome!! I'm glad you've got your comments fixed, I had tried earlier :)
Enjoy your blogging experience, and all the new friends you will "meet" along the way!
Your list of project is great.
Welcome to blogging! You've made a great start on the BBD piece
You are a braver sole than I taking up the 15 day challenge. I wish you well with that and look forward to seeing your progress!
Welcome to blogging! I must commend you on the 15 day challenge-I decided I wasn't woman enough-LOL
Your Blackbird is looking good!
Hi Debby,
I'm also new to blogging. I have had so many friendly emails and comments from other bloggers, it's wonderful. Wish I had done this ages ago! Good luck with your goals for 2011.
It's so wonderful to hear from all of you - thank you so much for your encouragement!
Post a Comment