As mentioned in my last post, my friend and I stopped at Picture This Plus on our way to Missouri earlier this month.
I took 4 charts with me to specifically buy fabric for and while 3 were reproduction samplers and one still not a picture for "sparkle" - I still was able to get wonderful fabric and Marilyn helped find some awesome colors. I know that the pictures below will in no way do justice to the fabrics, but I want to attach them anyway so that you can see what fabrics will go with which project. I won't be able to start any of these projects until at least next year (unless I cave in to my "just have to start it" little voice!!!). When I do, I hope to take pictures of the fabric again and see if I can't get a better "view" of the gorgeous color variations.
This is the James Wilson Sampler that was charted by the Hasslemere Museum in England. It looks like it's going to be a fun sampler to stitch and the fabric is great. I also bought the threads for this while at PTP - which makes it even harder for me not to start on this right away!
This fabric is Truffle for the Ann Grant Sampler that was charted by Teresa at Shakespeare's Peddler.
Highland is the fabric selected for Susan Rambo. This chart is available in the Spring 2011 issue of Sampler & Antique Needlework.
I've just noticed that I put the wrong fabric with the wrong charts in these 2 photos!!! The Highland for the Susan Rambo chart is the green fabric shown above with Ann Grant. While this pink fabric is Truffle and should be with Ann Grant.
OOOOOOOPPPPPSSSSS.
Hopefully, once I've started stitching on them, I'll get the right pictures with the right charts!!! I do have the cut pieces with the right chart though - that will be a good thing when I am ready to stitch. Plus, I have a record of which fabric goes with which chart!!!
Well, on to the last chart that I bought fabric for and that's Paula Stewart of Plum Street Sampler's The Flood.
This fabric is Earthen.
Thank you for visiting and sharing my latest treasures with me - and please forgive me my little boo boo when I took the pictures. If there was time, I would retake the pictures, but I get very little time to stitch during the week and I'd like to take advantage of the time I left tonight!
Please leave a comment, I love reading them. Love your family and friends and make time for stitching!
Debby
4 comments:
Love your fabric choices!
Such beautiful fabrics
I love your fabric and charts its always so lovely kitting up new charts with fabric and threads and always so hard to resist starting. Looking forward to whenever you start them.
What a dream to choose the fabrics directly at Picture This Plus. I'm sure your samplers will be gorgeous on these fabrics.
Post a Comment