To all the mothers, grandmothers, godmothers, surrogate mothers and any other kind of mother - I hope you've had a great day either with family and friends or if they weren't able to be with you in person, then were able to talk to them. For me, also being with your mother in spirit if this is your situation.
I've done it again - I went and missed posting last week! So, you'll have a couple more pictures to look at because of it.
I've pretty much settled down into a rotation routine with my concentration being on 4 particular projects. The 2 most recent are the ones I'll share with you today. The project that I worked on a week ago is one of my 15 new start pieces for this year. I never did get a "beginning" picture of this one as day one was the start of the basting and that seemed just plain boring. I've finished the basting and the back stitching that needed to be done and have begun the decorative stitching now.
This is a piece we are doing as a group project with Sampler Guild of the Rockies and will be a tray liner. In the first picture you will see red basting thread around the perimeter; this marks where the backing fabric will be attached as banding on the front. There is also a red basted square in the upper right hand corner, this will be the little ORT bag! The back stitched lines are where the decorated pieces will be attached. The 2nd picture if of the decorated pieces; the needle book, pin cushion, pocket for holding the loose ends of the threads and the scissor pocket. As you can see, I've stitched some of the pocket decorations and some of the border on the main piece. I don't recall the type of fabric I've used, but it is a 32 count and I'm using Sampler Threads Brick Path for all the stitching.
The next piece is not a new challenge piece, just one that I really want to finish this year. I started it 3 years ago, I believe and it ended up being put aside as other pieces took it's place. It's a beautiful reproduction sampler. It's called Janet Gibson's Scottish Swan Sampler and was released by Whimsey and Wit. I got the fabric as part of a stash sale, so do not know the count or the type of fabric. I'm using Needlepoint Silk to stitch with and they are wonderful! I love the fabric as whatever finishing technique was used on it, it looks like an antique sampler in a way! I'm posting the picture I first put in this blog in December or January as a sort of "before" picture and the next one is where I am today on this piece. I'm rather sad that it's going back in the stitching bag for 3 weeks, but that's the way of rotations!!!
It's good to see these side by side myself, I really see what I've accomplished in the last few months. This is one where a lot of the smaller motifs are left to be done - with the exception of the house that goes in the middle space above. I feel sometimes like I'm not getting anywhere, but I really am making good progress!!!
Have a wonderful week, I hope you're able to get some stitching time. Be good to yourselves, your family and friends and take care.
Debby
3 comments:
Great progress and I too love Needlepoint silks. Its great to see how much progress you do make. Can't wait to see more.
Love your WIP! That sampler is gorgeous!
Your WIPs looks lovely. That sampler is stunning!
Post a Comment