My good friend and I left bright and early the morning of Tuesday, April 5th heading to Branson, Missouri. From Colorado it can be about a 13 or 14 hour drive - especially since I like to stop to stretch, eat and/or get gas about every 2 to 3 hours! So, our first stop was Salina, KS. We stayed the night and took off early Wednesday morning for Abilene, KS; home of Picture This Plus! Oh my, oh my, oh my - what a heavenly place that was! In the coming blogs, I will share the fabrics I purchased - and of course, my pictures will in no way do them justice. Marilyn and Cheri are the nicest shop owners anyone could find and Marilyn's sense of color is unbeatable - in my opinion.
After 2 hours and a much emptier wallet, we headed on our way to get to the Cecilia's Sampler CSI Retreat. We had a bit of trouble matching the exit sign with the information on my map and ended up calling for directions from where we ended up and the hotel - but we made it. The retreat didn't officially start until Thursday afternoon, but there quite a few fellow stitchers there already. Once settled in our room, we joined them for a few hours of stitching.
Thursday morning I decided to get a picture of the view from our room - thankfully, we weren't facing another one of the hotel buildings, instead, this is what we saw.
We are going to the 2nd spring retreat again next year which will be later in April, I can't wait to see how pretty it will be with the leaves more full on the trees!
Thursday night, dinner was provided by Fuddruckers!
The Hummer pulled their "kitchen" and they cooked us fresh, yummy hamburgers. And the trays (yes, plural-there were 3 or 4 huge trays) of brownies for dessert...............................to die for!!!!
Friday morning we started our day with solving the case of the "arrested stitcher's missing hand"!
Follow the footprints to find the first clue; a couple of clues later, the gnome knows!! Finally, the "severed hand" is found!
We had wonderful little treats inside for everyone!
Anyone who wanted to participate in a gift exchange was encouraged to provide a gift worth a specified minimum price, wrap it attractively and the gifts would be voted on for the best wrapping! Here are some of the gifts brought by our fellow stitchers.
I must admit, I was in awe of the creativity of some of these women. It never even occured to me to "wrap" using the CSI theme - and that gave me a great big "DUH"!!! Needless to say, I'll be more prepared next year!Friday and Saturday, my friend and I stitched a lot, visited with other fellow stitchers to see what everyone else was working on, getting to know some of them better and talking to most of them. And we can't forget the shopping! Cecilia's Samplers was only 1 1/2 miles from the hotel and while we "only" made 2 trips there, the wallet got a whole lot more empty!
I think that's enough for one day! As I said, I'll post pictures of my PTP stash and my Cecilia's Samplers stash in the days ahead. Then I hope to be back in a "better" rotation and would like to share progress pictures in the future as well.
Have a wonderful week, be kind and loving to your family and friends and make time to stitch!
Debby
No comments:
Post a Comment