I think I'm surprised at myself - I have 2 finishes for 2011! I have a tendency to chose very large projects for myself that may mean no finishes in any given year - and now I have 2!!
Of course, this one is one of the smaller pieces that I started in the January Challenge; the "task" was to start a new project each day for the 1st 15 days of January and I did. I know that there are quite a few of them that will not be finished in 2011, but some that will be.
The first finish is the January Flip It by Lizzie Kate. I used a 28ct evenweave fabric, not sure what kind. You'll see words around the picture before the border. I've decided to stitch five different months and will put the name of parents, siblings, spouses if applicable and my children in their appropriate birth month and their birth date.
Two of my children and my father have/had birthdays in January. While this would have been a quick stitch for many of you, I'm a fairly slow stitcher and don't have a whole lot of time to stitch as well as the fact that I tend to work on at least 3 different projects at a time - for various reasons. But this was a fun piece to do. Now I'm working on March, the next month in the birthday lineup. When these 5 pieces are done, I plan to finish these into a cube - I think this will be a fun way to display a cute little piece of memorabilia!
Next on my agenda is a week of vacation!! Woo Hoo - doesn't get better than that. A friend and I take off early Tuesday morning and our first stop will be Salina, Kansas. Bright and early Wednesday morning we are heading to Abilene, Kansas and hope to be on the doorstep of Picture This Plus when they open their doors. I love hand dyed fabric and being able to see them in person to chose pieces for upcoming projects will be a real treat - and I'll save shipping on top of it.
As soon as we're done in PTP, we're heading on to Branson, Missouri for a retreat sponsored by Cecilia's Samplers out of Branson. I love going on needlework retreats and thought going to Branson would be fun as I've never been there before! Plus, the chance to make more stitching friends in person, is such a plus. The only downside will be how many more projects will I come home with???? Stay tuned..................................
Take time for family, friends and most of all stitching! Take care and thank you so much for visiting. I love to read your comments as well - I love all my stitching sisters.
Debby
4 comments:
Great finish! Sounds like you have a very nice vacation planned! Have fun!
Lovely finish! Enjoy your holiday
You will really enjoy your stop at PTP!! Maybe next year this time you can come to a camp in Kansas. A shop names Heart's Desire in Wichita has an annual "camp" in April at a beautiful place near Abilene/Fort Riley area. Have fun on your vacation!
Love your finish!
Have a great time!
Post a Comment