WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Drum roll, please/Happy Dance Time!!!!

For a project that I thought could be done "in no time", this one has taken much, much longer!!! But that's ok - I'm so pleased with how it turned out.

The story, I have a friend who worked for the same company since right out of high school (staying through mergers even!) and decided she was ready to retire last year. My friend is "vertically challenged" and in her younger days loved high heels and to this day still loves shoes! I wanted to make something special for her when she retired last August, but didn't realize the retirement present would turn into a retirement/Christmas/early birthday present!!! But it has.

 
The pattern came from PatternsOnline.com and is by designer Maria Hrabarchuk; it's called Amaryllis Stilleto (there are quite a few lovely stiletto patterns there!). I don't know the fabric it's on, although it felt like a Jobelan type fabric, 28 count and I used the called for DMC colors. I hope to meet with my friend later in the week and will report on her reaction!

Now I can get back to concentrating on my one WIP that I promised myself I would finish this year and all 15 new starts that I (laughingly) started the first 15 days of January - hoping to finish this year as well. No, truth be told, I was pretty sure that not all of them would be completed - but there are a number of them that I do want to try hard on. I'm doing a rotation of 1 week at a time with 4 of them, the WIP, a tray liner I'm doing with Sampler Guild of the Rockies, a Judy O'Dell project and a scissor case. Those are for working on at home or vacation and things like that. During work and bus rides, I have some smaller projects going. I really am hoping that one of the Lizzie Kate pieces that I've had a little bit of time to work on will be done by the end of the week - but only time will tell!!!

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting - I love reading them. Be kind to yourself, family and friends - and take time to stitch!

Debby

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful finish! I know your friend will love it.

Kathy A. said...

Congratulations on a wonderful Happy Dance. What a personal touching gift.

Christine said...

Oh that is lovely, your friend will be thrilled!

Sally said...

Wow that is beautiful! I bet your friend will love it!