WIPocalypse 2012

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Project Update

I had friends over for stitching and lunch over the weekend and we had such a wonderful time! A dear friend was in town for her niece's wedding (the friend is from Albuquerque!), and wanted to see some of her Denver stitching buddies. I could help with that!! My house is a bit under 1200 sq, (with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths) meaning the living room is pretty small - and we managed to squeeze 8 of us in here!!! It wasn't easy, but it worked out very well. You can just imagine the "chaos" of 8 friends catching up on all that's happened and telling stories, sharing stories, sharing projects, etc. I'll have to do this again in the not too distant future!

On to my projects - my long suffering  stitching project is now done!!! Oh Happy Dance! However, the finishing won't be completed until this weekend. That means yet another "teaser" picture for you guys. I'm really happy with how it turned out and hope that my idea for the finishing turns out as well.
The friend who is recieving this piece loves yellow and this yellow fabric just popped out at me! So it'll be the inner border around the picture - probably about 1 1/2". The other fabric is black with some brownish marbeling in it; even though it looks more brown in the picture. There is a lot of black in the stitching and I think this fabric will "ground" it well. That will be the outer border of 1" and also the backing and tabs at the top of the piece. With luck, it will be done by Sunday so that I can finally show off the entire piece.

In the meantime, I am finally able to put in more time on my 15 new start pieces. I know they'll not all get done this year, but at least I can make more progress on them. I'm stitching on the smaller ones on my bus ride to work and at lunch and the bigger pieces in the evenings and weekends at home. Hopefully, one of the smaller pieces will be finished in a week or so for another picture!

In the meantime, make time for yourselves, for stitching, for friends and for family! And enjoy today, tomorrow will take care of itself tomorrow.

Debby

1 comment:

Kathy A. said...

That sounds like a fun get together.
Look forward to seeing that finished stitch.