I was reading (and catching up with) blogs today and came across a link to a blog - http://dawnhaydesigns.blogspot.com/2011/10/whats-your-name.html. Dawn wants to learn how we've come up with the names of our blogs! I love the idea as I know I wonder what's behind some of the names my favorite people have used to name their blogs. Now I know some of them are very self explanatory, others are not!
I don't know if mine's self explanatory or not. I've lived in Colorado since I was 4 years old - that is over 5 decades for me!!! In these 50 + years of living primarily in the Denver metro area, I spent a total of 19 years or so living in the mountains. Part of that time was as a teenager, so I'm not sure I really appreciated the privilege at the time! (I do look back on those years with fondness though.) But the balance of that time was as a mother with young children who pretty much grew up in the mountains. (I know if you asked my 3 kids about their experiences now - looking back - you'd get 3 very different answers!!) I love living in the mountains; it's not for everyone and it's not always easy, but it's wonderful. Maybe you've figured that out from the pictures I've posted from time to time!!! Ten years ago, when buying myself a house, moving even to the west end of the metro area was just too far out of my price range, so I bought a house that's on the very furthest stretches of the NE corner of the metro area - well, it's really outside of the metro area, but not by a whole lot. I do love it here as it's quiet, it's close to the city - but it's not the mountains!!!
When you read the above post, you will see a list of blog owners who have "signed up" to explain. They are links that will take you to each persons blog post that gives the story behind the name. Please click on that link and find out how clever we all are!
I hope to be back with updates of a very close to finished finish - if not completely. I'm moving right along on the Swan Sampler (at my usual slow pace!) and will show something on it when I do my regular update on Sunday or Monday.
Thank you for reading and do go visit Dawn's blog as well.
Debby
4 comments:
I'm going to have to peruse your blog a little more to figure out just what you mean by "mountain stitcher on the plains" - or maybe I'll just have to visit Denver :) Thanks for sharing your story.
I so understand your love for the mountains and the Denver area. We have good friends who live in Lakewood and stop to visit them quite often. They have showed us the entire area and we have fallen in love with the mountains and the beauty.
I can completely understand your love of the mountains, and particularly the Rocky Mountains. I've travelled there several times and each time I was fascinated anew.
I am so glad that Dawn is keeping the links up, as I am slowly going through them and hope to read them all :o) How great to have wonderful memories of all your years in the mountains...and I am sure that your wonderful memories will continue to grow on the plains :o) I love the photo that you have for your header too.
Blessings & Aloha!
Would love if you get a chance to stop by my link:
P.S.
Post a Comment