WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Dance!!!!!

I was almost afraid that I wasn't going to make it ---- but I did it!!! I finished the Janet Gibson's Scottish Swan Sampler a Historic Reproduction Sampler by Whimsey & Wit. It was stitched on an unknown fabric from stash, probably 28 ct, using recommended NPI Silk.


I apologize for the "color" of the photos; I took them at night because I was so excited to post pictures!!! The close-up of the house shows all the back stitching that needed to be done around the windows and the details of the panes. Then a close up of Adam and Eve. Their hair is 2 strands of silk made as twisted cord. Kind of funky and heavy, but it adds a uniqueness and/or charm to the piece. I do still need to sign it, but I'm looking for the right alphabet to use. Hopefully, that will be done before to much longer - but there are birthday presents and Christmas presents that need to be stitched and it could be a while before I've saved up for a frame for this, so I have a little time!

I also finished another piece last week! Another Flip It by Lizzie Kate. I've finished January, March, June and October so far and the final piece is November.
I have charted the 6th side with the relations of all the people I've stitched on the monthly pieces so will be getting started on that in the near future. It's so nice to be able to have some finished pieces! Sadly, it may be a while before any more pieces are done --- well, I do have one more birthday present that will be finished in a couple of weeks. But that present and the one I finished a week or so ago will not be shown until November when the birthday girls receive their gifts.

Otherwise, life moves on; I stitch, I work and I try to keep myself from buying more stash! I did some organizing over the weekend and it's awful how many charts I have - when will I get them all done????? But that's what we stitcher's tend to do, isn't it??

I hope everyone has a great week - I definitely appreciate your visits and the comments you leave. Please visit again.

Take care and hug your family and friends! Take time to stitch.

Debby

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Your Swan sampler is stunning.

Patty C. said...

The Swan Sampler is absolutely breathtaking - it has to be one of my very favorites - Ever !!!! Congratulations on a beautiful job !!!!!

Mouse said...

woooo hoooo on your stunning finish :) and a girl can never have to many charts, threads fabric etc heheheh :) love mouse xxxxx

Anna Zont said...

All your samplers are lovely!

Brigitte said...

Major congratulations on finishing this wonderful piece!