I know so many of you across the middle and eastern part of the country have just had an overdose of winter and are pretty much over it! Denver really has had a mild winter, we're way below normal in snow fall totals and the temperatures have overall been pretty good! BUT yesterday the temperatures fell from something like 26 early in the day and were around 7 degrees when I got home. To find out that the furnace had taken a nose dive!!! I called my heating guys, but all their evening appointments were taken so they couldn't come until 8 this morning. Between several blankets and a nice warm kitty, I slept well last night - but it was 46 degrees in my house when I got up this morning! Can you say BRRRRRRRRR.
But the furnace guy was prompt, it was a fairly easy repair and while it took a couple of hours to get the house back to normal, it's now nice and toasty in here again! Thank goodness. Today's high is supposed to be below zero and around -20 tonight.
I must say I really love my creature comforts!
The upside is I took the day off from work to get the repairs done and have been stitching on my Amaryllis Stiletto all afternoon. It's still a rather slow moving project, but it's so gorgeous and moving right along. I hope to have a picture of it in a couple of weeks. It will be even better if it's completed when I post that picture!
Thank you for your visit and your comments. And I hope everyone is able to stay warm, that the snow isn't as bad as they predicted and that those of you getting ice will be very careful out there.
Debby
3 comments:
Hi there, I was just checking in on The Colorado Stitcher and saw you have a new blog. So I thought I would let you know that I have just checked in. I really like your blog and I hope you will check in on mine. I am from Ontario, Canada.
Kerry,
Thank you so much for your visit. I've added your blog to my list of blogs I read! I look forward to reading up on all that you are doing and hope you'll visit from time to time!
As you can tell, I'm very new to blog land and have a lot to learn - and very little time to learn it, so it'll take a long time to get this plain page updated and pretty!
Hi, Debby--thanks for your comments--I just saw them! Janet Gibson's Swan isn't very far along at all. And I'm not even sure why I stopped working on her. I restarted her on new fabric (I forget what I didn't like before--I think it might have been 32 count, and now I'm working on 40). I've meant to get back to her--she's sitting patiently in her bag. And I'm even farther behind now; I just started another new sampler that I'll post about tomorrow. I'm glad to have your blog address which I'll add to my reader list! And I'm glad your furnace is working again. Brrrrrr! 46 in the house is very cold! Oh, and my email is glennalgregory AT gmail.com
Post a Comment