WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, February 27, 2011

More Finished Projects

I've been working hard this week to try and finish my piece that seems will never end! I am making progress but it still is not done. I really hope that it will be done sometime around next weekend - I'm keeping my fingers crossed; in my mind of course, otherwise I couldn't stitch.

So, I thought I'd post a picture of another finish from last year. I have a good friend who loves cardinals and found a chart that was just too cute to pass up; it is red and green but I'm hoping she will enjoy it year round. This piece is called Twin Cardinal Quilt by Handblessings using Dinky Dyes in red and green. I don't recall the count or kind of fabric that I used although it was probably 28ct.
Twin Cardinals Quilt
Handblessings

It was fun to stitch this one even if it did only have 2 colors. Usually that bores me after a while, but with the overdyed floss, the patterns develop and keep it interesting.

I decided to post a "teaser" picture of my current project since I've mentioned it a few times in the last few posts. I don't want to give too much away at this time - such as the name of the piece and the designer. I'll save that for when the picture is finally complete. I hope to get the finishing done on it relatively quickly as well and then want to post a picture in all it's glory!

I had fun taking this picture - I'm not the best photographer around and have always admired the close up pictures everyone takes and could not seem to do it. I was out looking for new cameras, just so I could get that close up feature. Well, lo and behold, the clerk at the store showed me the little symbol that means "macro", but they were out of any of the cameras that interested me. So, I come home to my good old companion camera and guess what? That capability has been on my camera all along - gee, I wonder if that's why you should really read the owner's manual when you get something new???? LOL

I'm really looking forward to this coming week, it's only a 4 1/2 day work week for me. Friends go to Coloraod Springs for a "retreat" weekend and have invited me along this year. We'll come back on Monday. I love getting away to stitch because I don't get "distracted" with other things and spend more time actually stitching. I hope to have some pictures of the trip in general for you in a week and a half or so.

Until next time, enjoy your week - stitch a lot and have fun!
Debby

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my but I just LOVE that cardinal finish! Simply beautiful!

Have a great time at your retreat!

Christine said...

The cardinal piece is beautiful. I love the colours in your current project

Sally said...

What a beautiful finish!

Brigitte said...

Your cradinal finish looks great. And what a fantastic picture of your current piece. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.
I hope you were having a great time at the retreat.

Sue said...

I love your Cardinals piece, it is just beautiful ;)