WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, July 15, 2012

July WIPocalypse --- Very late

I wasn't sure whether to do a July WIPocalypse as everything I'm working on right now are presents for Christmas and a few for later in the year. Makes it hard to post updates when you can't post pictures of anything. However, one of the pieces is for my grand-niece who is 1 1/2 and I don't think she reads my blog! Her mom might, but her mom already knows what I'm making anyway, so it's ok.

I've shown this before, but I have made some progress since last month's post. It's the Tree Top Birth Sampler by Tempting Tangles. I've stitched it on 40 ct Crystal Conifer by PTP using the recommended DMC threads. It is so fun to stitch and just adorable. I'm sorry that the true color of the green fabric doesn't came through on the pictures. It's a bit on the dark side and while a challenge to stitch on due to the opalescent threads, it's been so much fun!


The tree trunk and limbs are complete, the monkeys are complete - although the "upside down" monkey needs his eyes and all three need their mouths! Now to the leaves, which have a very small start on the left side. Many leaves, the words, the border - and the baby!!!! This is the 4th in priority of the 4 gifts I'm stitching so I'm taking a bit of a break from this one. That'll make figuring out what to document in my August WIPocalypse a challenge!

My daughter, a friend and I went to the Colorado Rockies 4th of July fireworks baseball game - which was actually held on the June 29th and 30th as they were out of town on the 4th. We went to the Saturday game and while the Rockies lost the game, the fireworks were awesome. I'll leave you with photos of the flag presented prior to the game, the field for some of the crowd to watch the fireworks as their seats were in front of where the fireworks were set off, and one of the better shots I got of the fun!


I do have a few projects that I need to work on in the next few weeks that aren't presents. I'll try to work on them more so that I have some updated pictures to share of my WIPs.

Thank you so much for visiting, I enjoy your comments if you wish to leave them. Enjoy your summer even in all the heat - or the rain for those of you lucky enough to have some!

Hug family and friends today and be sure to take time to stitch!

Debby

3 comments:

Tobie said...

Those monkies are so cute! :-)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching.

Deb said...

Love the Monkey's! They are adorable!