Did you know that there will be a blue moon in August?? Yup, there are two full moon's this month and the 2nd one at the end of the month will be known as a blue moon.
I didn't think I'd have a WIPocalypse post this month or even for the next couple of months as I'm working on gifts right now. I don't know if any of the recipients read my blog, but I sure don't want to take that chance. But then I remembered that I do have a macro setting on my camera and I figured maybe I could post "peeks" at my current projects. Some of you may figure out what some of these pieces are, but please keep my secret. When the pieces have been given at the appropriate time, I will post finished pictures and give the details.
Right now I have 3 going in rotation. I also have another project going along with them, but I can't figure out how to get "peek" pictures of them, so I'm concentrating only on the 3.
It'll be interesting to me to see what parts I can snap a shot of next month! (Maybe next month I can get the fabric colors more true. The first one is ecru, but the 2nd one is an overdye with mostly green in it and the bottom one is actually a purply/blue. Any hints on truing up fabric color in pictures will be welcome!)
I've been having a great time watching the Olympics - sort of. The first weekend I had activities all weekend long with my high school class reunion. We haven't had one in 13 years and I was looking forward to catching up with most of the people that I knew would be there. That meant recording some of the weekend. Then there are week long events - that go into the wee hous of the night, long past my bedtime, since I get up at 5 in the morning. So the nights that I knew had events I wanted to see, I recorded as well. This weekend was much quieter and I've been able to watch much more and even get in some of what I recorded when there were events on that I wasn't quite as interested in.
One thing I did not do was go along with many friends and start an Olympic project. I have way too much going on with the gifts to even think of doing that!!! But I wish my friends the best of luck with their Olympic stitching and if you don't finish, I hope you come very close.
That's about all I have for this post. Be kind to each other and hug friends and family today.
Debby
2 comments:
nice sneak peeks :) can't say what they are as don't know hehehe ...been watching bits n bats of the Olympics too :) have a great stitchy week :) love mouse xxxx
ps I can't get the colours right either and I used to do photography ..lol
Hello Debby,
Thank you for stopping by my blog with your comment. I appreciate it very much.
I would guess that one of your sneak peek pics look like a Lizzie Kate design. LOL. I've been known to be wrong before.
I have no idea to get a true color on pics.
TFS your work.
Jackie
Post a Comment