WIPocalypse 2012

Friday, June 22, 2012

Late post --- and a Happy Dance

I didn't have much of an update for last week, so just skipped it. In the meantime though, it gave me a chance to FINALLY finish the stitching on my Scissors by Another Name scissors case. This is by the Cat's Whiskers and stitched on unknown PTP 28 ct fabric with Dinky Dyes threads.
I love this piece and hope to start on the finish work in a couple of weeks - once I've found the right lining fabric! It's going to be a great piece to carry with me as I go to various stitching activities.

Then I received a sweet present in the mail from a new friend met in Branson at the Cecilia's Samplers retreat in April. She did such a gorgeous job on a ceramic scissor holder. <Yes, I do have enough scissors for both and I'm sure I'll have many left over! LOL>
Pansies are my favorite flower and she "custom" made it for me! Isn't it just the cutest scissor holder?

Rather short update for this week, hopefully I'll get more stitching done this week and have some progress pictures next week. My projects are a bit bigger and I've been working on 3 at a time - different times during the day - so progress is slow and I don't expect a finish that quickly.

In closing, we've been breaking record highs here in the Denver area - 2 in the last week and have a real chance of breaking at least some over the next 4 or 5 days. A huge fire broke out just west of Fort Collins - which is about 50 miles north of Denver - two weeks ago tomorrow. We had 2 days of slightly cooler temperatures and higher humidity, but today broke a record at 102 with higher winds and the fire is "exploding" in places again and evacuation orders are being issued in high numbers once again. Please pray for these people who have lost their home - the count is at 191 right now - those who anxiously wait to go back and see what's left and for all the firefighters that are working so hard to get this fire out.

And we are far from alone with this one fire. There are several on the western slope of CO, many in UT and extreme fire conditions with no burn orders issued in 8 or 9 western states.

Hug your family and friends today - and take time to stitch!

Debby

4 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhhh well done on your finish ... can't wait to see it fully made up :)
love your wee scissor pot too ...
sorry to hear about the fires ..... you can have our rain over there if you want ..... love mouse xxxx

Katrina said...

Gorgeous finish!!!! Congrats and cute little scissor keep too :-). Stay cool, I am inside AC running, LOL.

Jen Bailey said...

Love your scissor case, can't wait to see it finished, finished. :)

Anne said...

Lovely progress! I love that fabric you are stitching on!! That pansy scissor frog is adorable!!