WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, June 3, 2012

June WIPocalypse
Like so many other's in blog land that I've read recently, where has the year gone?????

I've been stitching as much as I can - which has been tougher lately. Work has been busy enough to really tire me out at the end of the day. But each stitch is one stitch closer.

I have one Christmas present that I'm working on that's been moving slowly - and is one that I can't show since the recipients may read this blog at some time. But another piece that I've concentrated on quite a bit, I can show here. This is Tree Top Birth Sampler by Tempting Tangles. It is SOOOOO cute and wonderful to watch grow under my needle. This will be for my grand-niece as soon as it's done (hopefully before her 2nd birthday!!).
The fabric is a PTP fabric, 40 ct Crystal Conifer; it's a little darker than it shows in this picture, but looks great. The few green leaves that I've started near the monkey on the left had to be changed to a shade darker than called for and it still blends a bit. But I think it will work fine when more of the leaves and flowers are stitched. Plus the next darker shade of green will be part of some of the lighter green leaves and alone - that'll help some as well.

This other piece is getting quite close! I have one section left; the little leaf sections around the sort of diamond shapes. Then the letters "I love my" and "S C I S S O R S" and it will be ready for it's finish finishing. I'm hoping for an end of June stitching finish - I sure hope I can make that goal!!!

In the bottom picture, the final "band/box" is at the top. Due to the way the piece will be folded, the year was upside down when I took a picture of the bottom section! This is Scissors By Any Other Name by the Cat's Whiskers on an unknown name of a PTP 28ct fabric. I am so going to enjoy this piece when it's finished and ready to put 6 of my favorite scissors in!

That's about it for now. I love having you visit to see my small accomplishments and really love reading your comments. I love the encouragement and it helps me keep plugging away.

Take time to hug your friends and family today - and take time to stitch.

Debby

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Pretty projects!!!!! I just ordered some PTP linen, it's so, so yummy. I really like how mottled it is.

Mouse said...

oooo well done on your tempting tangles piece .... looks gorgeous .... and can't wait to see your scissor project finally finished finished :) love mouse xxxx

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Lovely stitching