But I do have a couple of things to share. First, on May 12th, our last Sampler Guild meeting for the "year" was held - http://www.samplerguildoftherockies.org/joomla/. One of the activites we have at our meeting is a pin cushion exchange; this was our 2nd annual exhange. This is the pin cushion that I made to exchange. Did the finish work totally different than originally planned, but I think it turned out ok.
This is a "free" design with the Blackbird Designs - well, rats. It's a chart with the pin cushion pattern included; I just saw the pattern a couple of days ago - but now I can't find it! I'm sorry Blackbird, I know I'll find it eventually - and maybe one of blog followers will help me out here. Anyway, I stitched it over 1 on 28 ct stash fabric and finished it with fabrics that I "collect" when I see ones that I love!
Here is the pin cushion that I won, from my friend Jean! I love it!
The blue snowflake biscornu is a project we did back in January (or maybe it was December!).
The other fun thing I have to show you is the wonderful "goodie" bag or products I received from Theresa at Shakespeare's Peddler - http://www.shakespearespeddler.com/ - for donating $50 to help her purchase kitty equipment for her local animal shelter. This blog entry gives more information on installation day at Southern Pines animal shelter - http://www.shakespearespeddler.blogspot.com/2012/05/such-exciting-day.html.
Isn't this awesome??? There's the cutest kitty needle minder by Kelmscott Designs. A baggie that had 7 or 8 buttons and some beads. Three skeins Gentle Arts Sampler Thread; a Lizzie Kate Snippet - Love My Cat; a Prairie Schooler Design; Flower Pod Sachet Sac by Fern Ridge Collections; Loose Feathers #12 by Blackbird Designs; For Ann: Pin Keep & Scissor Fob by Shakespeare's Peddler; Warm Hearts by La-D-Da; Peony by Country Cottage Needleworks (including 5 skeins GAST); My Dwelling Place by Little House Needleworks; Hope, Hugs, & Kisses by Sisters and Best Friends; One Flag Over Chessie by Chessie & Me; Norsk Fairytake by Ink Circles; Round Robin by Raise the Roof; All Things Great and Small by Kris's Stitches and a piece of linen about 8 x 8 or so.
I just could not believe the generosity of designers and vendors that worked with Theresa!! She said she will be doing this again next year to get more equipment for the kitties at the shelter. This helps the kitties stay healthier and a healthier kitty is going to be an adoptable kitty. Follow her blog and you'll know when this comes up again.
Thank you so much Theresa and designers and vendors!!!! I'm in heaven.
I think that's more than enough for this week. Remember to hug family and friends today! And take time to stitch.
Debby
2 comments:
Sweet pin cushions, I completely neglected taking pictures :-(. Fun new stash too!!!!
such gorgeous stitching :D
Post a Comment