Yes, I'm "cheating"! I'm going to post my May WIPocalypse update and my weekly update in one blog post! I don't know where time goes, but it sure does get away from me very quickly.
I feel like I haven't gotten a lot of stitching done in the last month, but I had a definite 5 days with a lot of stitching time - so why do I feel that way? Oh well, here's the update anyway.
One of my WIPocalypse pieces was also a finish - I posted about this one last week - http://mountainstitcherontheplains.blogspot.com/. I realized after I posted last week that this piece, Santa's Coming, had no information included - designer, fabric or anything. And as is like so typical of me anymore, I can't find the chart right now! (There really have to be gremlins in my house, surely I don't misplace so many things!!! LOL) I know it's a freebie design and uses the called for fabric, but beyond that I either need to rely on my fellow bloggers and followers to help me - or I need to continue hunting through the house.
Next up, I really don't remember if I've stitched on my Initial "D" by M Designs - but I think I did. So here is the updated picture of this one, whether there's a lot or little progress.
I didn't press any of my piece's - I apologize. I didn't realize that it made such an impact in the pictures. I'll have to be better about that next time I take pictures.
The next piece was started while I was on retreat in Branson and I did post a picture of it last week. This is Tree Top Birth Sampler by Tempting Tangles. This is going to be sooooo cute! But I have put a few more stitches in monkey #1 so that he now at least has a face!! Poor little guy - still need the rest of his head and 2nd arm.....................this will come eventually. This is done on a 40 ct opalescent fabric and while I love it, I must say it's a bit tricky stitching on in the evenings. Thank goodness for my clip on magnifier! The fabric is PTP Crystal Conifer and I love it - although I hope it's not going to be too dark. I've used the called for DMC threads.
The last piece on the WIPocalypse pile, for this month anyway, is a freebie from Ink Circle called Ink Spot #11: Celtic Swirls. After I found a piece of fabric that has a sand/rock feel to it (and color name unknown) I decided to go with 4 colors that made me think "Southwest". I'm using Weeks Dye Works Aztec Red and Ocean, and Crescent Colors Shrimp Cocktail and Colonial Copper. Not sure that my Southwest "feel" will be accomplished, but I like how the colors are working together. This piece is not a high priority in my stitching rotation so I don't know how often I'll work on this over the next few months - but it's fun!
Finally, I've come to the realization that I have 3 Christmas pieces I want to stitch this year and better get busy on them (that's so hard to thnk about in May!!). One is on 40 ct, I don't think that will work, so I'm going to start on a piece that I won't be able to talk about until after Christmas (don't you hate it when bloggers do that!!??). It's on 36 count and that may not work well on the bus either, so time will tell.
As always, my blogger friends, I've really enjoyed your visits and your comments. I hope May will be a little less hectic, although I do have a couple of fun weekends with fun plans and am going to see Wicked with my daughter this week. Fun things to come!
Hug family and friends today and don't forget to stitch!
Debby
3 comments:
oooooo love all your projects .. the monkeys look fun ... hope you find your chart soon ..lol
and good luck with the christmas in may starts :) love mouse xxxxx
All pretty projects!!!! Hopefully the chart will turn up soon :-). That's a lot of Christmas stitching too!
gorgeous stitching :)
Post a Comment