WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, March 12, 2012

WIPocalypse - March update

I guess being 4 days beyond the full moon isn't too bad for my update! I was surprised that I got as much done on the two WIPs that I worked on the most this last month! AND I also have a finish to post about!!! That makes me happy.

First is my Ask, Seek, Do by La De Da. This is on a mystery 28 count fabric and I substitued Sampler Threads for the called for colors. This one is getting very close to being finished as well. I would be very happy if I could present another finished piece in next months post!! This is where I am as of this afternoon.
Please excuse the wrinkles - it gets carried to and from work as I only work on this on my bus ride! I have to finish the green part of the border the rest of the way around and do all the little purple diamond shapes around the border like the 4 in the lower right hand corner. Then I need to find the "right" color for some "dots" by the hearts under the word ASK.

The next one really does feel like a very ongoing project, but I am seeing good progress anyway. This is the Scissor Case by The Cats Whiskers on an unknown color from PTP using Threadworks. The top portion is now done - the word "scissors" in 6 different languages. The middle section is getting quite close. The right hand column has a little bit more over dyed thread design to be finished. Two more columns need the hearts stitched; then the left column will have my initials and right hand column will have the year. At the bottom I've barely started the outline for the third section which should go much faster than the other two.
Now for my finish - finally! I've shown the sections for my Mary Wigham Wardrobe designed by Judy O'Dell of Just A Thought. The sections are finally stitched!!! I'd love to start constructing the wardrobe, but due to other commitments, that won't happen for a couple of months - but I will happily share it again when I've finished the finish work!!! I'll show the piece of fabric and then some close ups of the sections. I really love the color of the overdye color that I use - needless to say, I love Autumn!!!
 The pictures loaded in weird order, not as I described them - but I hope you get the picture!!!

Thank you so much for following my progress on my WIPs - come again in April.

Be kind to family and friends and give them a hug today - and take time to stitch.

Debby

6 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Congratulations on your finish. I look forward to seeing it made into a wardrobe. Nice progress on your two other pieces. Each stitch brings us so much closer to that happy dance!

Christine said...

Great progress on your wips

Jen Bailey said...

Congrats on the finish and nice work on your other WIP's! You'll be ready to start something new in no time! ;)

Mouse said...

oooo well done on your wips and wooo hoooo can't wait to see this wardrobe made up :)
love mouse xxxx

Nancy said...

Congratulations on finishing the stitching for your Mary W Wardrobe, looking forward to seeing the completion of the wardrobe, know it will be beautiful! Great progress on your other stitching too!

Katrina said...

Woohoo, congrats on finishing the stitching for the wardrobe. Love all your wips :-).