....................and a very late post!
I don't know where the weekends go, but I sure wish they would slow down!!!
Finally I finished the stitching on Mary Wigham Wardrobe by Judy O'Dell of Just A Thought. I am so happy to have this done and hope that by early summer, I will have some extra time to actually assemble it.
Here are the various sections that will make up a completed wardrobe one day.
This shows the final section that I had to stitch, the section with the initials "M" & "W", an octagon with birds in the center and the name of the school.
These next two pictures show the final 9 sections. Many of them are the same as they'll be drawer fronts, coverings for around the bottom and the "header" kind of top. The long skinny pieces will be the doors and each side.
On Wednesday, February 29th, my LNS - Fanci Mats http://www.fancimats.com/ - had their Nashville Market Open House. This was a very fun evening full of wonderful designs and kits. Our designers are getting more and more talented and there seems to be more of them - is that possible? Of course, I came home with stash. The first two charts of Lizzie Kate's Less=More series; Rosewood Manor's Old Glory; Shakespeare's Peddler's new Jenny Bean Spring Sampler; the first of three parts by Littlehouse Needlework Designs called the Weathervane and the Adam & Eve Sampler (Eve's Garden) by Shepherd's Bush! A wonderful selection of designs and I want to start them all now!! But I won't, I have other commitments first.
I'll be back in a few days with a WIPocalypse update - it's almost full moon time!!! This will catch you up on the WIPs I've been working on the last month.
I really want to thank all of you who stop by for a visit. I would love it if you left a comment, I love reading them all - but understand if you don't quite have the time (there's so many wonderful blogs to read!!!).
Be kind to family and friends and give them all a hug - and take a stitch today!
Debby
-
4 comments:
Hello
I just became a follower of your blog.
I love your Mary Wigham finish and I'm looking forward to seeing it assembled.
Hope you enjoy your Nashville stash!
Your Wigham piece is just gorgeous, I love the color you chose!!!! Fancimats was fun, great new stash. I am with you, want to start everything but I am going to try and control myself, LOL.
Congratulations on your Wardrobe finish!! So stunning and now I wanna work on mine! Thanks for the inspiration and have fun playing in new stash!
Lovely stitching. That floss you've picked to stitch it in is so pretty. Can't wait to see the wardrobe assembled.
Hugs,
Veronica.
Post a Comment