WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, March 26, 2012

MIA............

.......kind of.

It's been two weeks since I posted last and I almost feel like I have nothing to show for it!

I have spent a few days doing some "spring" cleaning in my office/needlework storage room. It really doesn't look like I've touched much, but I have purged, put out for a stash sale, shredded and generally put back the "ones I still must have"! I have some ideas for better storage, but until I actually have the stuff in the room, what I've accomplished will have to be it for the time being.

The first picture I have is Ask, Seek, Do by La-D-Da and I thought I'd made pretty good progress on it (although I'd hoped for a Happy Dance post instead), but I just looked back at my WIPocalypse update and I really have't done too much more. DARN. Oh well, you get another peek at it anyway!
If I really apply myself this week on the bus (the only time I work on this), I could easily have it done by next weekend. Wish me luck!

The next one is the initial "D" I've worked on once in a while since the beginning of the year. It's by M Designs, stitched on an unknown color of 40 ct Picture This Plus fabric. Of course, I don't have the tag with the thread either, so I can't tell you the color - but it is silk. Now you have to trust me that this will one day grow up to be a D - it's just a little hard to tell right now.
You can see almost the entire flower in upper part of the current design!

I've also been working on my volunteer stitching. I hope to have this done no later than the 2nd weekend in April; then I'll move on to more of my own projects from there. In going through all my stash, I discovered a piece I'd hoped to stitch for a friend for Christmas one year - and this seems like as good a year as any to do it! I only had about 20 stitches in the piece when I stopped for whatever reason. Even though the chart was copyrighted in 1994 (oh my goodness!!!), it's still a great chart and quite appropriate for this friend. Once I make some recognizable progress on it, I might show little pieces here and there. I don't think this friend follows my blog --- but one can never be too careful! LOL

While we've been enjoying lovely spring weather for several weeks now - like a good portion of the states have been - we have a bit of a front going through today. The wind is just howling out there and I just do not like that, it makes me edgy. But I'm going to go spend the rest of my day off (yeahhhhhh) stitching away on my D - let's see if we can't get closer to something recognizable with the next update!

Thank you all for visiting - thank you even more for leaving comments. Hug family and friends today and take time for a stitch or two!

Debby

7 comments:

Jannie said...

Bet that D will look beautiful, Debby. I'm not gonna google it. Just gonna watch your progress. ( - : Your piece that you're almost finished with is lovely indeed. Jannie

Christine said...

Lovely progress, I like the colours in your D even if they are anonymous ;)

Mouse said...

ooooo they all look fab to me ... love the lad d da chart and I can see the flower wooo hooo ..lol
enjoy your day stitching :) love mouse xxxx

Veronica said...

That D already looks great. I love the colour you're using for it. Very interesting. Ask, Seek, Do is coming along beautifully too.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Katrina said...

Lots of progress though and I love the La D Da piece :-). I always enjoy getting organized!!!

Mia said...

Oh what lovely stitching :)

I guess I'm MIA always LOL

Hugs
Mia :D

Sun City Stitcher said...

It was great seeing you at guild meeting Monday! I just gave you the Liebster award! Check out post about it today http://acoloradostitcher.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-award.html