WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, February 20, 2012

IHSW

The third weekend of every month is International Hermit and Stitch Weekend - I'll have to find the link to it and post it here in an updated blog in the very near future! However, people can sign up to be a "stitching hermit" for the weekend, include your blog address, then update on Monday so that everyone can see what fun things you were able to accomplish!

I was only able to "hermit" Friday night and Saturday as I had to work on Sunday. But I did the best I could - and the chaos in my house will attest to that!

Here are the three projects that received my time.

This first one is called a Darning Basket by Jackie DuPlessis. This is a piece we are doing as a project in http://www.SamplerGuildoftheRockies.org. I hope to finish the stitching by our May meeting when we will be working on the finishing. So far, all I've managed is the running stitch outline of the 2 pieces. The one in the photo is complete and the 2nd one is begun; however, the thread is fairly light in color and you really have to look hard to see it!
The next photo is of my Mary Wigham Wardrobe pieces; this was designed by Judy O'Dell of Just A Thought. It's going to be so awesome when it's put together. I'm on the last piece and am running out of thread! Darn it. So my LNS is sending me another skein. To avoid the possible dye lot issue, I've left the center undone so that if there is a difference, the entire center will all be in the new dye lot. I can't wait to finish the stitching. Then there will be the assembly - but that will probably wait until summer!
The final piece that saw a few stitches put in is a piece by Lizzie Kate called Time for God. I'm going to love stitching this piece!

Most of my evenings this week will be devoted to some stitching that I've volunteered to do for EGA. But I will attend a stitch day with friends on Saturday and haven't decided yet what piece I'll bring along to spend the day with - while eating, talking and laughing with friends!!

As soon as I have the link to IHSW, I'll post it. That way you can go to many of the blogs listed there and see what your fellow stitchers did this past weekend!!!

Have a great week - bless and hug family and friends and make time to stitch!

Debby

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great progress, it sometimes takes longer to lay out the pieces and set in the frames around the stitching so great work.

Mouse said...

yooo hooo here is the link
http://joysze.blogspot.com/
and way to go ... can't wait to see the wardrobe assembled :)
glad you enjoyed hermitting too :) love mouse xxxx

Anne said...

Ooh, I love that quaker design!! Can't wait to see it all put together! Great progress!!

Nancy said...

Nice progress on your stitching!

Kate said...

Yay, another Mary Wigham Wardrobe stitcher :D ! I love the colors you've chosen! I cant wait to see what you do with the other projects

Katrina said...

I love your Mary Wigham colors, can't wait to watch your progress. Pretty LK piece too.

♥ Nia said...

nice progress :)