I've missed a week again, but it was Thanksgiving and I was able to go to Virginia and see 2 of my grandsons - ones that I haven't seen in 14 months!!! It's hard having them across the country, but the joy of that week was so wonderful.
I was able to finish the stitching on a Christmas present while I was there and so excited about that! But I still need to do the finish work on it and of course, won't be able to post a picture until after Christmas. I haven't had a chance to see if it will fit the frame I purchased (from a craft sale) that will be wonderful for this picture. If it doesn't work, I'll have to come up with a plan B!!!
Today I spent time with my good stitching buddies for the birthday of one in the group. I was late, but got there to do some stitching with them and enjoy her opening her presents! Then we went to lunch and a movie - we had so much fun. Of course, that means that I can finally show you the picture of her present that I made for her.
This is a freebie chart from Drawn Thread called "Four Fat Friends" - I have to say, the name makes me chuckle and thankfully my friends all laughed as well. As you can see, there are 8 birds, not 4, but that's because there are 8 of us in this group. That means 4 birds just wouldn't do! I must say my friend was thrilled with her gift! The possible downside is that the others all want their own now! Yeah, well, we'll see.
Unfortunately, there are no more pictures of stitching as my time for stitching as been fairly limited and I'm working mostly on Christmas presents right now. We shall see what I can come up with for next weeks update!
I hope all my friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are now geared up for Christmas shopping and for remembering what the season is all about! (I must say I'm not done shopping, but I bet there are some who will read this that are finished - good for you!!!!)
Take care, hug family and friends - and make some time for stitching. Thank you all for your visits.
Debby

3 comments:
It is hard to live so far away from the grand babies, I know. I have to get my quota of squeezes in when I do see them!
Great ornament, and a cute way of personalising it.
Oh Debby, such a nice gift commemorating the eight of you.
I don't have grandkids yet but I can easily imagine how hard it must be to see them so rarely.
Post a Comment