WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happy Holidays

A very busy time of year! But I had a "free" day today and tried to put it to good use. I did the finish work on a Christmas present so that one is ready to go. I'm also almost done with the stitching on another present, one more word to go on an all "words" picture! I really don't like doing letters, what was I thinking? But once that is framed, I'll have the Christmas presents done - just have the wrapping left to do. I would feel very good about that, but I have some plumbing repair to do tomorrow night, a Christmas party to attend Tuesday night and will be watching my 11 year old granddaugher Wednesday night! That I'm looking forward to - she and I don't get to spend nearly as much time together as she is a very busy young lady.

I attended a cookie exchange yesterday and brought home a ton of cookies (it seemed!). I think the sugar overload will last at least a month. But they sure are good - and aren't gone yet.

Since I'm not able to post pictures of the Christmas presents yet, I took a picture of a Mill Hill kit I did a couple of years ago called Southern Snowman. One day I'll even get this one framed!
I only have an 18" tree, so I don't do a lot of decorating for the holiday, but here is a picture of my small display that my piano works wonderfully for!

The beautiful Santa statue on the left in the upper picture is a Jim Shore piece given to me by a very good friend a few years ago. I love this Santa and the display of the Twelve Days of Christmas under his robe - I've been known to leave this out all year before!

Wishing all my blog friends, stitching friends and family a wonderful holiday season for whichever holiday you celebrate. Next week my Christmas will be over and I plan to have some of my finishes up for you to see and maybe there will be fun treasures for me to share with you as well.

Enjoy this season of family - give them hugs and enjoy your time together. And find some time for stitching.

Debby

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Mill Hill piece and I like your decoration display. Happy Christmas to you also.

Christine said...

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas