Odd title for today's blog, I know. But the Colorado Rockies have lost 17 games on Sunday to date, no wins since April something. And today they won a great game 5 - 3. I also was at yesterday's game that was their longest of this season - 5 hours and 7 minutes!!! Great game, but we were all very ready for their 7-6 win the bottom of the 13th inning!!!

And I have gotten some stitching done this week as well. That's always the best part of my week. I was working on Janet Gibson's Swan Sampler by Whimsey and Wit. I got Eve stitched and was thinking I would have trouble with the cream thread on the cream linen. But that wasn't the worst part; the worst part was reading the pattern where there were "unusual" stitches or back stitches. The designer would indicate these with a color somewhat similar to the thread color. In this case, cream wouldn't have shown up at all so she used yellow. Well, that's not really a whole lot better!!! Here is a shot of Eve by herself and then one of her and the chart.

One very interesting discovery happened when I downloaded these pictures to my computer. When I have the chart picture on my laptop screen, I can see the yellow lines fairly well. I did manage all the yellow that goes along with Eve's body; but backstitching on the serpent was proving to be a huge challenge and I moved on. But I might take another picture of the serpent on both pages and backstitch from the computer screen! Of course, that will be the next time it comes up in rotation. But, a solution I never would have considered.

Once I moved on from Eve, I decided to do the 2 small "blue" birds above the house that are over one. This is how they turned out. I'm sorry about the bird facing to the left, the picture is a bit blurry, but you get the idea - I hope!
This weeks rotation piece is the Sampler Guild of the Rockies tray liner. As you recall, I finished the stitching on this piece the end of July,
http://mountainstitcherontheplains.blogspot.com/2011/08/another-finish.html and am now ready to do the finish work. I started that this afternoon. Wow, I'm actually going to "finish" finish something this year, I love that! I'll do a little each evening and finish up on Saturday. I don't have a lot of plans on Saturday so I'd love it if I could finish a couple of other little things as well - time will tell!
Nothing else exciting in my little area of the world. Hug your family and friends each day and make time for stitching as often as you can!
Debby
1 comment:
Everything is so pretty!!!! Love Janet Gibson, my grandmother was a Gibson :-). I think the Eve looks great, a lot of samplers have those almost color on color A&E's. For the outline what about a color a shade or two darker than the thread you used for Eve???
My DH is going to a Rockies game on Wednesday!!!!
Post a Comment