WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ooops - Missed a Week

I had good intentions about posting last week - but it didn't happen.

On Aug 4th, I was at the Regional Seminar for EGAs Rocky Mountain Region in Denver. While I didn't take a class, I stayed at the hotel and volunteered. A Colorado Stitcher has a great post on August 4th with more details about the seminar, http://acoloradostitcher.blogspot.com/   It was wonderful, but more tiring than I thought it would be! It was wonderful to see friends, especially the ones that I only see at seminars and then there is Merchandise Night! Boy was I bad too. I do not need more stash, but I got more anyway. Seminar was over on Saturday, then I had to work for a couple of hours on Sunday. Needless to say, I took a nap once that was done!

I was able to get a good amount of stitching done on my Swan Sampler and another section of the Mary Wigham Wardrobe. Here's a picture of the latest section of the wardrobe.

This last week I've been working on my Scissors by Any Other Name by The Cat Whisker's piece. But it was one of those weeks that just did not seem to go very well after work for one reason or another. I didn't get home before 6:30 any night which means very little stitching time in the evenings. Therefore, there was no where nearly enough progress made on this piece. But I did make some progress. The first picture is what I did get done, all of the light colored overdye (by Threadworx). The second picture is what progress I've made so far. It'll have 6 pockets total when finished, able to hold 6 of my very special scissors. I'm not as confident this piece will get done by the end of the year, but I'll give it my best!!!

This week I'm back to the Swan Sampler and really want to make progress on this one; I'll be so excited to get this one done! Oh heck, I'll be so excited to get all 4 of them done. And then move on to the next pieces patiently waiting in the wings.

Next Saturday I'm going to Rockies game with my daughter and a good friend. Harder to stitch at the ball park, but I'll figure out something to bring with me for those "less" than exciting times that sometimes happen in a baseball game.

Also, my prayers go out to all who were at the Indiana State Fair yesterday when that horrible accident happened to the stage. To the families of those who were lost and healing for those who were injured.

Hug your family and friends today and remember to make time for a little stitching!

Debby

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Both your projects look gorgeous. I just love the colour of the thread you use on the Mary Wigham piece.

Katrina said...

Both gorgeous projects!!!!!