WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, April 16, 2012

April WIPocalypse and........................

Queen of Procrastinators!!!

I took pictures to do my WIPocalypse update a week ago; so why no update until now??? This tells it all, I am the best/worst procrastinator in the world.

Well, work has gotten busier, I'm going to Branson for Cecilia's Needlework retreat soon - those aren't very good excuses; but they're all I've got.

Anyway, the best piece of news is that I've finished my volunteer stitching so now all my stitching time is for my stuff!!! (All the 100s of things waiting in line saying "me first, me first"!!)

My WIPocalypse updates are for the 2 I've been concentrating on. One is now a finish!!! This is Ask, Seek, Do by LaDDa using overdyed Cottons in colors closely matching the called for colors. I'll have to post a finished picture in my next update as I've finished stitching it since these pictures were taken.

Ask Seek Do
LaDDa
Please excuse the wrinkles! I do still have to do the personalization on the bottom and list the book, chapter, and verse as well. But all the little purple "berries" are now complete as well.

The next picture is my "D" by M Designs using a Picture This Plus overdye in 40ct., but I've forgotten the color name. The floss color is unknown as well - I must keep better track of the tags for them.

Initial "D" by M Designs
I've also made more progress on this since I took these pictures. I've finished all the stitching on the "inside" of the D and am now making my way to the outside that will definitely define the shape of the initial. I am really enjoying working on this one. But I won't be working on it for a week or so - I hope there will be great progress anyway when the next full moon rolls around.

I went to a chapter meeting for my local EGA in early April, something I don't get to do very often. I wanted something small to work on while I was there, so I brought along a pincushion piece that was sold as a fund raiser recently in Sampler Guild, http://www.samplerguildoftherockies.org/joomla/. I didn't get very far on it that day, but am hoping to get some time in on this one in the next week or so.
This will be another fun project and hopefully a finish in the fairly near future!

My friends and I are very excited for our Branson trip - it's a wonderful retreat that Cecilia's puts on. If you ever want to go someplace new or do something a little different, check out their website and their retreat information; you'll have a great time! http://www.ceciliassamplers.com/

I'll try very hard to not procrastinate for so long after I get back and put up some pictures of the great time we had and what I managed to either start, finish or work on while I am there.

Over the weekend, the mid-section of the US (Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, MO, Oklahoma) were hit by well over 100 tornados in a 2 day period. Sadly, there was loss of life in one of the tornados. My prayers go out to all of you who were affected by the tornados directly or in your communities. Mother Nature is ever active and we are at her mercy. I pray for your recovery, rebuilding and putting your lives back together. Remain strong in each other and have faith.

Be sure to hug your friends and family today; and take time to stitch.

Debby


4 comments:

Katrina said...

Pretty projects!!!! Have a fun time at your retreat too :-).

Jen Bailey said...

Love your projects, congrats on finishing the La-D-Da piece. Your "D" is really coming along too, love that thread color! So, what are you bringing along on your Branson retreat? Looking forward to a post-retreat report!

Christine said...

Great stitching! Enjoy your retreat

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D