I'll be touching base with a friend who does framing to see about getting that done in a month or so.

I stitched on Janet Gibson's Scottish Swan Sampler by Whimsey & Wit last week. I managed to get all the animals across the bottom of the sampler done as well as add the trunks to my previously "floating" trees!! I also have to stitch leaves by all the strawberries on the vine - all around the entire sampler. You can see them in the corner of the picture on the left! I have managed to finish them across the top border and down the entire left side of the border. I've come so far, but there is still quite a bit to do. I hope I don't end up boring you totally with this sampler before I get it finished!!!
A friend and I had the most awesome weekend! We went to a friends house on Saturday and 6 of us stitched, ate and talked all day long! It was heavenly. Then yesterday, Fanci Mats in Littleton, CO had a day long stitchers retreat that began at the shop. A morning of shopping, stitching, a retreat project and talking and making new friends. Then we "adjourned" to her mom's house where the patio was set up with tables, fans and little treats for us. We had a BBQ, a 2nd project and more stitching, talking, eating and making friends. I can get used to a whole weekend of stitching and good friends. How about you????
Another week is beginning, I'm moving on to my Sampler Guild of the Rockies tray liner and I'm very confident that this will be another finish for me by the end of the week!!! Keep your fingers crossed with me.
Enjoy your week, stay cool if you can - as most of the states are just sweltering - hug family and friends and be sure to take a little time to stitch!
Debby

4 comments:
oooo well done on your progress and you stitching weekend sounds fab ... isn't it great when you can get together with like minded folks :) love mouse xxxx
Congrats on finish #4! Lovely progress on the sampler! Sounds like a wonderful weekend you had! Those kind of weekends are something to look forward to!
Congrats on your finish and I love your new start!!!! Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!
Gorgeous ;)
Post a Comment