WIPocalypse 2012

Sunday, July 3, 2011

#3 Finish

That almost sounds pathetic to me!! Here it is, July 3rd; I started a new project each day for the first 15 days of January and I title this post with "#3 Finish"!!! Oh well, I knew there was no way I would finish all 15, but it still seems ................... well, sad.

BUT, I do have another finish. It's another Lizzie Kate Flip It, this one for June. When these are done, there will be 5 months with the names and birth dates of important people in my life. This will be finished into a cube and I sure hope it turns out the way I'm envisioning. For now, here is the finished project.
Lizzie Kate Flip It - June

I was able to get back to my "normal" rotation this last week as well and worked on the Mary Wigham Wardrobe which was designed by Judy O'Dell of Just A Thought. I finished 2 drawer fronts (these are small and easy and there are something like 6 of them for various parts of the completed wardrobe). I also got started on another of the larger panels which is for one of the sides. This is the progress that I've made with these.
 







This week I've begun working on the tray we're doing in Sampler Guild of the Rockies. I may not finish all the stitching on this piece this week, but I think I'll come very close - that's very exciting!!!

To all my American blog readers, have a very safe and happy 4th of July tomorrow. Remember those who have  fought for the freedom we enjoy in this country and the values this country was created on. And enjoy time with your friends and families and fireworks if you are in an area that will be having wonderful displays.

Debby

2 comments:

Sun City Stitcher said...

Good news on the finish and I LOVE your idea with the flip-it squares and cube.

Sally said...

Lovely finish and I love the colours you're using for your Mary Wigham wardrobe.