WIPocalypse 2012

Monday, June 6, 2011

Frog Visit!

My next rotation project was the stitching tray liner we are making in Sampler Guild of the Rockies. Saturday was the last day and I was hoping to finish the motif on the front of the pocket - a rather large pocket with more stitching than the other pieces. This is where I stopped at the end of the day. (There is still more to stitch once this row is finished.)


This part of the motif is a mirror image on the right of what is done on the left. I was up to the "snowflake" looking motif at the top of the heart --- then noticed I was off by 1 stitch. And of course, the mistake was clear back down the "arm" length near where the "lollipop" motif is. And I just love the symmetry of this piece and there's no way I could have lived with it being off. So, I frogged and this was all I was able to get back in.

I've now moved on to the Mary Wigham wardrobe (Judy O'Dell with Just A Thought) and hope the frog has left the building!!!

For me, we got quite warm this weekend and I succumbed and turned on the a/c! But we're cooling off in a couple of days so I can turn it off and enjoy the fresh air again.

Thank you all for stopping by and reading and leaving comments - I love hearing from everyone. I'm behind on reading everyone else's, but I'm working very hard to get caught up!

Happy Stitching
Debby

3 comments:

Christine said...

Sorry the frogs called. That is a lovely piece

Sun City Stitcher said...

Darn Frogs!! You are much further along than I am on the project. I bought all the fabric and thread and the tray. That is as far as I am! Hope to see you at the retreat.

Nancy said...

Looks beautiful! Sorry you had the frog visit :(