I have been doing some hand embroidery for a company in Virginia that takes up time during many of my days and have been really enjoying it!
I have had a couple more finishes and have made progress on a couple of large pieces that I've been working on. Let's start with the finishes. Back in June, Sampler Guild of the Rockies (www.samplerguildoftherockies.com) had our annual summer retreat and this year we brought in Paulette Stewart of Plum Street Samplers. In a previous post I showed you my completed Mini Sewing Tray from the retreat; I've now completed the other project from that day, the Pineberry Makedo. Here are a couple of different angles of that piece.
A group project we did during our 2012-2013 year of Sampler Guild was a box top with smalls, also designed by Paulette - she's been so good to us!!! I finally finished all the pieces and got the finish work done as well. I based the colors for the fibers on the fabric that I chose to line the box and needle book with.
The linen was a 40 ct fabric of unknown origin; the floss was Gentle Arts, (I'm not sure of the colors as I've already put them back in their "rightful" home); and I used chenille to edge the top with. This was a fun project and I may dream up other smalls to go with the scissor fob and needle book at some point in the future.
I have completed pages 1, 2 and 3 of Quaker Christmas II and am making good progress on page 4. This picture was taken about the time I started on page 4, I've gotten more done since then - a picture for the future as well! I also took a close up shot of some of the motifs that are at the bottom of page 3. I thought it would be fun to do the 3 crowns in the 3 metallic colors that I am using on this piece, the green crown will be added when I get to page 6! I don't get to work on this as often as I'd like, but I think that is helping to keep this very interesting and a lot of fun. It will be big and I sure don't want to get bored with it! (Please excuse the wrinkles, I don't like having to iron this too often!!)
I looked at a previous post and saw that I've made a lot of progress on the James Wilson reproduction sampler, but I have not taken any pictures recently. That will give me more pictures to share with you in my next blog post! A friend and I are off to a stitching retreat soon and I think I'm going to work on the Lizzie Kate Halloween mystery sampler from last year (2012). I was never able to get past part 1, actually, I haven't completed part 1 yet! I highly doubt it will get done while I'm gone, but finishing part 1 and putting a big dent in part 2 will be a wonderful accomplishment. So, I hope to have pictures of that piece to share with you as well.
I realize that I have not been consistent about my posting, but I love having you visit and if you would like to comment, that's appreciated as well.
Take time to hug relatives and friends and make time to stitch each day!
Until next time,
Debby







1 comment:
Pretty finishes!!!!!! Fun post :-).
Post a Comment