I don't know why I've had trouble posting to my blog on a regular basis - but I have.
Since my last post I've kept busy - or I feel like I have. I have gotten a couple of finishes done, made progress on my Quaker Christmas II and made progress on guild projects that I haven't even taken pictures of in quite a while. I've had company, visited with some stitching groups and even continued to practice my embroidery in the hopes that it will lead to employment as a professional embroiderer.
First, I'll post a picture of my progress on Quaker Christmas II. I love working on this piece and wish I could work on it more often, but maybe that's what keeps it fun - the anticipation. I have gotten more done since this picture, but haven't taken another pic yet.
The first picture is a close up of one of the motifs and the fibers I am using. I am using Treasure Braid gold for the stars/snowflakes in the piece and Treasure Braids green for the back stitched song titles and decided this little tree needed to be in metallic as well. Then this is a picture of my progress so far (at the time the picture was taken!). It is so little of the overall piece, but feels like a lot to me!
There is a Facebook group devoted to those of us stitching Quaker Christmas II and I thank those with much more creativity than I in that they weren't afraid to change colors at all!!! That's what gave me the idea to use a little bit of Kreinik blue here and there in the piece and to use the gold and green where I am. Sadly, I wouldn't have thought of it myself - or if I did, I would have been to far along to change it!
Recently, my LNS had a day long retreat (Fanci Mats in Littleton, CO http://www.fancimats.com/). We received 5 little projects to work on and I was able to completely finish one of them. The kite scissor fob, a kit called Go Fly a Kite by Raise the Roof Designs using the recommended flosses.
I did cheat a little bit on this one as I stitched the model so that it would be ready for the retreat; I didn't do the finishing, it was done for me!
I will get pictures of the other 4 projects once I have something to show you! They are all adorable though.
Then Sampler Guild of the Rockies (http://www.samplerguildoftherockies.org/joomla/) has started an annual pin cushion exchange that's held at our May Birthday month meeting. Here is a picture of the pin cushion that I stitched for another wonderful member.
Where you see the end of the alphabet in the corner above, the rest of the alphabet is in the other 3 corners, with the "m" and "n" in the center with the tulip flowers. This was from a free chart from The Workbasket called April Quaker. I used Weeks Dye Works Cyclamen and a limited edition color from Gentle Arts Sampler threads for the leaves. The fabrics were mystery fabrics from my stash that were just the right size! They aren't even quite the same color of pink, but I liked the way they worked together and they made a wonderful biscornu!!!
I haven't taken a picture yet of the pin cushion that I received. As soon as I do, that will be posted here as well. It's a lovely pin cushion and is now residing in a box with my other pin cushions - a new space will need to be found soon as this spot is getting too crowded!!
After many, many weeks of snow through March and April - and even on May 1st!!! - we have finally settled into beautiful weather and even rain here in the Denver area. A much nicer spring than last year as we were already very hot by this time a year ago. This week has found temperatures in the 80s many days and that's getting almost too hot for me - give me the 70s!! LOL But I am loving the rain we've been getting when we get it. My heart goes out to those affected by yesterday's tornado in Texas. The major downside of spring is the start of tornado season.
In spite of my gaps in communication, I am so happy that you check back and stay with me. I love your comments and your input. It makes my day!
Take care and enjoy the weather wherever you are. Remember to hug family and friends today and take time to stitch.
Debby






2 comments:
Too much fun!!!!! Wish I could have gone but I guess a weekend is Breckenridge is a good alternative ;-)!!!! Love all your little finishes.
Quaker Christmas is coming along beautifully! The motifs are lovely with that beautiful gold thread. Your biscornu is so sweet too. They sure are a lot of fun to make!
Post a Comment