I spent the day stitching with my wonderful friends! We stitched, had a great lunch, stitched some more, opened presents - the 3 birthday girls - had red velvet cake and then stitched some more. It just doesn't get better than this in my opinion!!!
Here are pictures of the 2 birthday presents that I've been teasing you with the last few posts. I'm pleased to say that the birthday girls loved them.
The first box is a Blackbird Design from A Stitcher's Journey - Birds and Berries. This is the top of a box where the top opens up and there is a small drawer in the bottom as well. As I seem to do lately, I used stash so I don't know what the fabric is although I'm sure it was a 28 count and WDW and/or GAST. I finished the edge with beads.
The second box is for my friend who just loves Hummingbirds!!! I found the design on Patterns Online and it's by Laura Kramer Doyle, one of her Snow Globes. I loved using the opalescent fabric for this, the sparkle made it fun! It's done on another piece of stash fabric and the called for DMC floss, covering a box with a hinged lid and finish edging of beads.
I leave you with one more picture - one of my birthday presents from one of the gals; it's a Lizzie Kate design that I love and done with over dyes, but I'm not sure if they were the ones called for or if she changed out the colors.
I also received a hand crocheted doily that's just beautiful, cookies, candy, a portable light, another piece of lace and many other things. It was such a wonderful birthday indeed.
Please have a wonderful week and I hope stitching will be a part of your time! Thank you so much for your visits and I love reading your comments. Hug your family and friends this week as well.
Debby
4 comments:
The two stitched boxes are beautiful and the pillow your friend made for you is just lovely
ohhh love those boxes and the beads around must have taken you ages ... I adore both patterns ;)and your pillow is gorgeous too ... what a fun day .. but where 's the photo of red velvet cake ???? love mouse xxxx
What sweet boxes!!!! Love them both :-). The Lizzie Kate piece is too cute!!! Glad you had so much fun with your friends.
Oh Debby, the two boxes you made are just stunning. So perfecdtly stitched and finished. The two recipients must have been thrilled. When did you add the beads - after stitching or after mounting the stitching onto the lid?
Happy belated birthday to you!!!
Post a Comment