Wow, the last week and a half has gone quickly - and I'm not sure I feel like I have anything to show for it!!! Well, except for a nasty cold that I'm working on getting over.
I did get a finished finish, well almost. I still have to stuff the pillow and take a picture; it's for a birthday present so I won't be posting a picture of it for another week or so. This weekend I'm going on a "retreat" with 7 friends. We'll leave Friday, go up past Glenwood Springs, CO and not come home until Tuesday. Nothing but stitching, talking, eating, laughing, exchanging fun little gifts, eat, stitch and also celebrate with the birthday girl!!! (Did I mention we'll probably eat????)
So, I have no pictures for this post, I'm sorry. But I hope to make wonderful progress on something over the weekend so that the next post will have fun updates. Also, being in the mountains, I'm hoping there will be some color change and that I can get some wonderful nature pictures as well.
I know all of us in America had a somber weekend remembering the 10th anniversary (that so does not sound like the right word) of September 11th. It's still unbelieveable to me that all that happened and it also doesn't seem like it was 10 years ago. I appreciate the resilience of the American people and wish we could have all that was good about us in the days after that horrific day all the time, but life moves on and we shall see what the future will bring.
In the meantime, be good to your family and friends - tell them how much you love and appreciate them - as well as yourselves. And take some time for stitching.
I appreciate your visits and your comments and hope you'll be back in a week to a week and a half when I hope to have a bit more pictures and stories!
Debby
2 comments:
oooo hope your cold gets better soon and that you really enjoy your retreat .. :) looking forward to seeing lots of piccies etc and of your progress :) t.t.f.n love mouse xxxx
Hope you are feeling better!!! Have a fun retreat too :-).
Post a Comment